As a business and employee resource group, the Organization of Latinos at Lilly (OLA) acts to connect, engage and support its members in driving business goals while strengthening the Lilly brand in the Latino community. OLA’s strategy is to create value for the company and members by forming strategic internal and external partnerships that support business objectives and diversity initiatives. The group is focused on four key areas:
- Internal and external networks
- Community outreach, including health and education
- Cultural awareness
- Employee development
Events & Initiatives
Every year OLA members showcase the various countries of their backgrounds or experiences in a cultural exhibit during Hispanic Heritage Month (HHM). Each country has a booth with information, music, pictures, art and food samples. The event serves to highlight the diversity among Latinos and has become a favorite among Lilly employees. Other resource groups represented by Diaspora movements in Latin America are invited to take part. Guest speakers and local arts organizations create further awareness of the Latino community during HHM.
Actively Supporting the Latino Community
- Project Stepping Stone: OLA members participate in Project Stepping Stone, a community event for Latino high school students from Indiana who are interested in attending college. The program helps ease the transition to college and helps participants explore career opportunities.
- Scholarship Funds: OLA members contribute annually to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund organized by USA Funds to help Latino youth access and afford a college education.
- La Plaza: OLA and the Lilly Foundation support a fundraiser for La Plaza, the Indianapolis non-profit that provides educational and social programs for the Latino community and college scholarships to Latino students. OLA also supports La Plaza's Hispanic heritage festival, Fiesta, held every year in Indianapolis.
- Indiana Latino Expo: OLA members and Lilly participated in the inaugural Indiana Latino Expo, a community event to celebrate Latino culture, provide health education and other community resource services.
- NCLR: OLA members also have been involved in Lilly’s partnership with the National Council of La Raza.
Lilly is committed to identifying and attracting top diverse talent to help the company fulfill its mission. Lilly maintains a significant campus recruiting initiative and strategically partners with universities having higher diverse populations. Additionally, Lilly aligns with organizations such as the National Society of Hispanic MBAs and the Consortium for Graduate Studies in Management to gain exposure to diverse talent.